Friday, January 23, 2009

Blush Bridal Boutique Belfast

Heroism of St. Francis de Sales


religious conditions of the inhabitants of the Alps, on the southern shore of Lake Geneva were deplorable because of the constant attacks of the armies Protestants, and the Duke of Savoy begged the Bishop Claude Granier to send some missionaries to evangelize the region again. The bishop sent a priest in Thonon, the capital of the Alps, but his attempts failed. The envoy had to retire very soon. The Bishop then presented the matter to the attention of your chapter, without concealing its difficulties and dangers. Of all these, Francis was who best understood the seriousness of the problem, and offered to play that hard work, saying simply: "Lord, if you think I can be useful in this mission, give the order to go, I I am ready to obey and consider myself fortunate to have been chosen for it ". The Bishop accepted the point, with great joy for Francisco.


Boisy But the Lord saw things differently and went to Annecy to prevent what he called" a kind of madness. "According to him, the mission amounted to send his son to death. Kneeling at the feet of the Bishop said: "Lord, I allowed my eldest son, the hope of my house, my old age and my life, be devoted serving the Church, but I want it to be a confessor, not a martyr. "When the bishop, struck by the pain and entreaties of his friend, was about to give up, Francis himself asked him to keep firm: "Are you going to make me unworthy of the kingdom of heaven?" said "I've put my hand to the plow, do not make me go back."

0 comments:

Post a Comment